MOTOR CAR COMPANY LIMITED
The year 1905 witnessed a heraldic contribution in providing the
pioneering milestone for the genre of Automobile Industry in India
with the establishment of a firm by a French Armenian diamond merchant
Micheal Sevadjian at Calcutta which is known to the day as FRENCH
MOTOR CAR COMPANY LIMITED.
Starting its journey with two cylinder car and
three employees the ambitious nature and prospective growth geared the
company’s business to increase multifold and to reach a present
turnover of several hundred crores.
In the year 1920 the company was converted into a
Public Limited Company and in the year 1925 Sir Onkarmal Jatia
Kt.O.B.E. became the first Indian Director of the company.
In the year 1954 another badge was added in the
strip when French Motor Car Company Limited was appointed as the Main
Dealer of TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company Limited for
distribution of their products in West Bengal and Assam.
There after the expansion process got further accelerated with the
company opening branches and service centers at Guwahati and Nagaon in
Assam and Asansol in West Bengal and a large commercial vehicle
workshop at Howrah in West Bengal.
With newly constructed and renovated showrooms and
state of the art workshops and highly efficient work force in sales
and service and thousands of satisfied customers, the Centenarian
FRENCH MOTOR CAR COMPANY LIMITED proclaims its name proudly as the
pioneering automobile company in India and that of TATA Motors.